Wednesday 8 February 2012

Maybe it's time to take to the road again.

Tomorrow is the day. The day that everything will be finally decided, especially where I'm gonna do the internship for the next 3 months. I do not really care about where I'm gonna do that, no matter where the hotel is, how far it is, I just believe it will be worthy to experience. Besides, when it finishes I'll go to Mallorca for an another internship during summer, another 3 months from July to September. So, what do I complain about?

But, here comes another story. The story about HOW TO GET THE WORKING VISA in Spain.

First of all, to change the status of my Visa from Students to Worker, I must need the permission of Spanish Embassy, which is located in Seoul, Korea. Why can't I make it through here in Spain and need to go back to Korea? Because it is allowed to change somebody's visa status in Spain, only in case of one having more than 3 years' residence. I have just fulfilled 2 years, so... (In fact, I've been more than 2 years but they don't count the the moments that I was traveling around Europe because I was more than 3 months out of Spain).

In addition, I must be offered a contract more than one year, with a good reason why the company (in my case, the hotel) needs me in that position. Considering the unemployment situation in Spain (almost 45% young people left without a job, this percentage is incredibly high!), it'll be quite difficult for them to justify that no one would substitute that position but me. So, there is one more obstacle, unless I'm a genius for hotel management.

That's not all. After getting permission of the local government, I must go back to Korea with the necessary documents, and submit them to the Spanish Embassy. Then wait until they give me a result whether I'm accepted or not. This procedure takes more or less 2 months. And if the request is accepted, I'll be back to Spain, but I won't be able to work not yet, because there's one more process, that I have to hand over all the permission and documents to the local Immigration Office. Then it takes another month again.

As it's still not considered for me going back to my country and starting new life there, I was obsessed with finding a way to stay here. Then I found out 3 options (in fact there are more than 3 options):

The first one is, being employed in the first hotel where I do the internship, then get a permission,
the second one is, also being employed in the second hotel in Mallorca, then get a permission,
and the third one is, extending the stay through the enrollment in other course in order to fulfill 3 years' residence, then find another job offer. And this is the worst option that I can do ever.

But you know what? Finally I've made up my mind that there's no need to stay only in Spain. As I did before, I can hit the road to anywhere, anytime I want. All I was concerned about is, as I've been staying here for 2 years, making new friends, knowing the city... so I was a bit worried about starting everything from zero again in the new place, leaving my life behind here. However, I won't mind whatever happens next. I'll let it go as it should be, 'cuz I realized that there existed (and still exist) several limits that I couldn't handle with in any ways. I just believe, when one door is closed, always another is opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment