Wednesday 16 February 2011

Being friend with Spanish guys



Before start this story, I'd like to let you know that I don't have any preconception about Spanish guys. 

Last weekend when I was in Bilbao with one of my friend, I casually met a pilot and his wife who are from Alicante, the northern part of Spain, and they invited us to dinner at the hotel where they were staying. While we were having dinner together a guy entered to the restaurant, who was a co-worker of the pilot, and later he enjoyed out table. He was also a pilot and seemed nice and funny. We had a talk about Pais Vasco for an hour, then as the couple had to fly the next day early in the morning, we were left just 3 of us, the other pilot, my friend and I. He wanted to go to a bar for having some more drink but it was already too late and I was so tired, I said good-bye and tried to left. Before then, he asked me my number owing to the fact that I live in Santurtzi, where the port is, (because he was cruise pilot and he sailed frequently from Santurtzi to other place) so I just gave it. 

The next day, he sent me a text message that he had sent me a pic from Ibiza, and was waiting my answer (I was totally lost and didn't understand what kind of answer I should have written him so I didn't do anything), then he made me a several call and left some voice mail, and when I picked up the phone he asked me if I wanted to sail through the Mediterranean. Of course I said NO. 

And today, after school he called me again, I tried not to care about it but finally answered, because I thought  I had to tell him that I didn't want to do anything with him. He asked me again if I wanted to travel with his cruise to Ibiza or to Barcelona, and if it bothered me that he kept phoning me. So I told him if he didn't have any weired intention it was okay to call me, of course he didn't understand what I talked about. So, I explained him again if he just wanted to be my FRIEND, he was always welcome. Then what happened? He said "OKAY, so I won't bother you again" and hung up without saying goodbye or anything like that.

After that awkward conversation, I was so disappointed because of the feeling that I was treated as a big vagina (I didn't want to mention it but there wasn't any adequate word to express my feeling), over there, this was not the first time. When I was looking for new flat I met several guys who wanted to pay me my deposit because they wanted me to live with them. And some of them even told me that I was the woman of their life, we just had seen each other once and just had short conversation not more than 10 min, though. What I want is not a relationship, but FRIEND. However, it seems impossible to be a friend of spanish guy's, except some case that they already have girlfriend (and sure the girls should be not a jealous type), or they're not interested in a woman. 

What a pity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment