Thursday 9 December 2010

Korean dinner and....

I got a long holiday from Saturday until yesterday, and also had finished the exams so I got enough time to rest up. On Friday, we had Korean dinner with two of my classmates, my roommates and I were worried about little bit if they didn't like the spicy food but they did! I prepared some Broccoli Egg Roll and Buchimgae (looks like Mexican tortilla but with vegetables), and Boris cooked Bulgogi with red pepper sauce. Of course Che, as he doesn't cook well he prepared drinks and took miscellaneous work, for example cleaning up the kitchen (we have dinning room on one side of kitchen) and hallway, and setting the table.


He even brought the Protocol book which we are studying at class to set up the table in order. It was funny, because we'd never set up like this before. In Korea we have a different way. 


This is the most traditional way. We basically have Rice with some soup and various side dishes. Then put a spoon and chopsticks on the right side of the soup. 


Anyway, I didn't take pics of plates, I was so busy... but Rakel did. (Thank you pretty!)


The plate to the left on this pic is Buchimgae, the red one is Bulgogi, and the right thing is Broccoli Egg roll. They looked good, and were delicious! Boris's Bulgogi was bit spice not only for the girls but also for me, however, we finished it. 

Maybe you don't see well those plates, so I put some pics of them in general.


This is Bulgogi with Soy bean sauce, I prefer it than Red pepper sauce owing to my sensitive stomach.


This is the one with Red pepper sauce. Looks nice, doesn't it?


This is Buchimgae. If you are used to the Japanese culture, you must have heard Okonomiyaki. This is Korean version Okonomiyaki. I like both of them bur if I have to select one of them, of course I'll choose Buchimgae. :p



And this is Egg Roll. It looks easy to cook but doesn't. You need skills to roll it, because it breaks easily. Everytime I cook it I fail in seven or eight cases out of ten and just stir it to make scrambled eggs. That's one of the ways how to pretend to succeed. 


By the way, since yesterday has been created a boom of fried chiken in South Korea, (despite of the menace of North Korea. War is war, and Fried chicken is fried chicken... you can't deny it..) a Supermarket chain has launched cheap and big menu for 5.000 won (about 3.5 euros) as their main item. It's called Fried Chicken Revolution among the young people, because if you ordered a set menu in a general restaurant they'll charge you about 12 euros. So, I spent all evening reading article and news, thinking "I'd rather I was in Korea".


I've even dreamed of it when I fell asleep while I was watching a movie... 
Tomorrow I should buy a chicken to make this even if nobody's sure I can do that. If I mess it up, I'll pretend to cook some other plate in order not to be looked like I've failed. 

It's time to go to bed, and tomorrow is already FRIDAY! Yay!

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment